December – Gratitude
Everything in our lives has changed this year, let’s reflect upon what we do have, what we share, and what we hope for, by simply being present in the moment and sharing our presence.
Wednesdays – restorative yoga 7-8:15pm
Thursdays – yin & meditation 6-7:15pm
Fridays – restorative yoga 5-6:15pm
Sundays – restorative yoga 7-8:15pm
No class 12/24, 12/25, 12/31
FULL MOON restorative class Sunday, 11/29 7-8:30pm
DARK MOON restorative Sunday, 12/13 7-8:30pm
FULL MOON restorative Wednesday, 12/30 7-8:30pm
*all are US Central time zone
Gratitude - the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Restorative yoga is a powerful practice that focuses on accessing tranquility and peace through healing, nurturing postures. Poses are held for 5-10 minutes and supported by a variety of props (pillows, blankets, straps, etc) to release deep tension passively, without active stretch to aid healing while increasing energy flow. Moving slowly into and holding these restorative postures, alongside intentional breath work allows the practitioner to calm and center the mind and nervous system while accessing deep opening and release within the body.
Yin & Meditation
Yin yoga is a practice that focuses on stretching your connective tissues (particularly the fascia) in order to strengthen and lengthen them. Poses are held for 3-5 minutes, and work with the energy meridians in your body as well as cultivating active stretch in your connective tissues to increase strength and flexibility, improve joint mobility, improve posture, and release trauma in the body. By incorporating intentional breath work and pauses, Yin yoga is thought to help the flow of energy through the body, and it has specific benefits for organ health.
New client -
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what package/class you’d like to purchase at least 2 hours prior to the class you’d like to attend. If it is 2 hours or less from a scheduled class, you might not get in – plan ahead but send the email!
2. Reply will be sent with payment options and a release to sign.
3. Pay and send back the signed release.
4. Link will be shared for the classes
5. If no show – credit on your account, good for 6 months from purchase*
Current client –
1. Log into the class using the link shared when sign up is complete.
2. If you have a current class package, I’ll subtract a class from it after we end.
3. If you are out of class passes, I’ll send you a note. You are also welcome to reach out at anytime and inquire on balances
4. Yes, this is operating on the trust system
Melissa Rusk Virtual Yoga Pricing*:
· One class - $15
· 5 pack of classes - $60
· 10 pack of classes - $100
***No one is turned away- If these prices out of your range, for whatever reason, email me -> we will make it happen***
Kelly class - $10
What’s a Kelly class? This is a donation fund to allow for others that might not be able to afford full price yoga classes.
Fall Special – Purchase a Kelly class and you get a class too!
*pricing and no-show policy effective through 12/31/2020
There are other ways to work with me, including studio or home privates/individual sessions, virtually, small group sessions, or larger group offerings. Please contact me to discuss and gain additional information.
Prior to class
· Download the Zoom application (app) onto your laptop, phone, or device, and create an account if you have not yet.
It’s time for yoga class!
· Make sure your device is fully charged or plugged in prior to the class.
· Sign into the app and use the link or meeting ID which was emailed to you.
· The class will be open 15 minutes prior to and 15 minutes after.
· You are welcome to visit during these times!
· If you join class more than 5 minutes after the start, you will not be admitted.
· Upon joining the class, you will be in the waiting room, and I will admit you.
· Sound - You will be muted automatically; you are welcome to umute and visit. I will mute all except me during class.
· Video - You will have the option to use the video from your device.
· You are welcome to turn off your video. I will offer verbal cues based upon what I observe to deepen the experience.
· If you leave your video on, know your camera angle. Meaning if you have video on and it’s at your feet, all I will see if your feet; if you have video pointed at your left ear, all I will see is your left ear.
· Pre/post class, I suggest gallery view to see our community if you’d like to vist.
· During class, I recommend speaker/presenter view to me easily.
· I welcome all cats and dogs to join, however please be cautious when moving around. My cats are likely to pop in!
· On behalf of our community, I kindly ask for patience and graciousness. There is a learning curve with Zoom, plus we are reliant on technology out of our control. Sometimes it could be a delay on one end, or a larger impact – take a breath and try it again. I welcome feedback via email post class to improve our experiences.
· If you have technical issues, please email me and I will reach out post class.
· Find space for your mat and practice where you are able to stretch out arms and legs, in standing, seated, or laying positions.
· Light a candle or some incense if you would like!
· Turn your phone notifications off
· Yoga prop suggestions will be sent in the class links, as its specific to each type of class.
· 2-3 yoga bolsters or bed pillows
· 2-3 yoga blankets or bed blankets or towels
· 2 blocks or thick books
· Yoga strap or scarf (preferably non stretchy)