I’m honored to lead virtual yoga4cancer (y4c) sessions for the Carle Cancer Institute – Normal (formerly The Community Cancer Center), in Normal, Illinois.
Pre registration required for yoga4cancer -> Packets to sign up are available at the Carle Cancer Institute-Normal. Can’t make it? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
The sessions are free to all patients, survivors, caregivers, and oncology professionals plus the amazing volunteers, due to a most generous grant from the Carle Cancer Institute-Normal Foundation Board.
Prior to class
· Download the Zoom application (app) onto your laptop, phone, or device, and create an account if you have not yet.
It’s time for yoga class!
· Make sure your device is fully charged or plugged in prior to the class.
· Sign into the app and use the link or meeting ID which was emailed to you.
· The class will be open 15 minutes prior to and 15 minutes after.
· You are welcome to visit during these times!
· If you join class more than 5 minutes after the start, you will not be admitted.
· Upon joining the class, you will be in the waiting room, and I will admit you.
· Sound - You will be muted automatically; you are welcome to umute and visit. I will mute all except me during class.
· Video - You will have the option to use the video from your device.
· You are welcome to turn off your video. I will offer verbal cues based upon what I observe to deepen the experience.
· If you leave your video on, know your camera angle. Meaning if you have video on and it’s at your feet, all I will see if your feet; if you have video pointed at your left ear, all I will see is your left ear.
· Pre/post class, I suggest gallery view to see our community if you’d like to vist.
· During class, I recommend speaker/presenter view to me easily.
· I welcome all cats and dogs to join, however please be cautious when moving around. My cats are likely to pop in!
· On behalf of our community, I kindly ask for patience and graciousness. There is a learning curve with Zoom, plus we are reliant on technology out of our control. Sometimes it could be a delay on one end, or a larger impact – take a breath and try it again. I welcome feedback via email post class to improve our experiences.
· If you have technical issues, please email me and I will reach out post class.
· Find space for your mat and practice where you are able to stretch out arms and legs, in standing, seated, or laying positions.
· Light a candle or some incense if you would like!
· Turn your phone notifications off
· Yoga prop suggestions will be sent in the class links, as its specific to each type of class.
· 2 yoga bolsters or 2 bed pillows
· 2 yoga blankets or bed blankets or towels
· 2 blocks or thick books
· Yoga strap or scarf (preferably non stretchy)